Author Topic: 48 REAR RIM BELT HOOP  (Read 1342 times)

SIMPLEXUSA

• View Profile
    • Email
48 REAR RIM BELT HOOP
« on: March 24, 2013, 11:38:56 AM »
Hello, just wondering if rear rim belt drive hoops are available . if they are what are they going for? not sure if they are all the same, but its for a 1948 with 26x2 rim.
thanks, Dan

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 48 REAR RIM BELT HOOP
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
Wayne has reproduction hoops available.  He has the bolt-on type only. 

The drive rims will fit all years.  The only difference is on a 2" wide rim you need the spacers, the 1" rims do not use them.
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:35 PM »
I found the 2" rear wheel for my bike, but it doesn't have the drive pulley on it. It does have the clips still attached to the spokes. What do the spacers look like that were mentioned earlier? I will just use the hoop off of the older rim if I can.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 04:58:55 AM »
The spacers are just .40 diameter tube, 1/4" thick.  They go between the drive pulley and the attachment clip.

The pics are the best I could get.  If you look closely, you can see the spacers.

Ignore the dirty rim, I took the bike for a short ride over the weekend!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:04:26 AM by RickS »
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 07:34:04 AM »
Did they change the belt rim? Cause I didn't put any spacers on mine and my belt has room to work. I'm sure if there were spacers on there I wouldn't have room for my fender braces.  ???

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 10:48:56 AM »
Thanks for pics of the spacers Rick, I looked at the pics and read the post the other day, but I couldn't remember where it was located on the forum, just happened to stumble across it again. Are these spacers something I can get from Wayne?

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 11:25:41 AM »
Thanks for pics of the spacers Rick, I looked at the pics and read the post the other day, but I couldn't remember where it was located on the forum, just happened to stumble across it again. Are these spacers something I can get from Wayne?

I would think Wayne has them; don't know for sure.  A piece of tube and a tubing cutter or lathe and you could make them.
Rick