Author Topic: Portland Trip Threatened  (Read 2945 times)

pd

• View Profile
Re: Portland Trip Threatened
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 04:47:58 PM »
I like your enthusiasm , Rick .

Hopefully , I'll make Portland next Summer .

I wanted it this year , but , we don't always get what we want .

Goes around , Comes around . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
Finally home from the convention.  Had a good time in spite of the bad back.  Got rid of the Express and the Motobecane & wound up bringing home a small jacobson 2 stroke motor as the result of a trade.  Kartjocky & his son and Oil lamp & his wife made it to the banquet.  I rode the honda passport to the banquet, along with 2 homemade scooters (one of them a safety cycle) 1 Italian scooter, and about 100 Cushmans.  Those cushmans with the vanguard v engines can really get up & go. 

I've got a doctor appointment tomorrow morning to see if we can get the back under control.  I should be able to finally finish the wiring on the Simplex & get it going.  I'll have to just leave the brake light switch off for a while, as Wayne didn't have the correct one (any of you who have the brake switch behind the motor, if you need a switch, order it now, as Wayne only has a few left).

Mike sAL

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 06:33:52 AM »
Mike ,

Bone cracker or pill pusher ?

I went to a chiropractor for a while . He did way more good than the pill pusher .

Now , I just have my wife 'walk' on my back when it gets too bad . Gave up on the pain pills . I didn't like the 'place' I was in when under their 'control' . A bit too far form clear thought kind of thing .

Pete . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »
I went to see a chiro guy for 5 sessions & I felt good for only an hour afterwards each time then I was back to square one.  Went to a general doctor this morning & he got me in for some xrays & physical therapy.  He also got me some pain pills which were a little milder than the ones the e-room got me last week (didn't care for the side effects).

He really wants to do an MRI, but the insurance won't pay for it unless I do the pain management & therapy first (sounds like a racket doesn't it). 

Time will tell I guess.....
MikeSal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
Just 'sounds' like a racket ?

They'll be suggesting the knife next , you know .

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 05:11:16 PM »
Well I can say it now. We made it home no hits runs or errors. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It was great to meet all of y'all and swap stories. Thanks to everyone.

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 05:15:43 PM »
We made it home last night, and have been recovering all day today. Had a blast and enjoyed meeting some of you guys. Will have pics to follow.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
oil lamp, you forgot to tell everyone about the indoor pool your tent has!
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2013, 11:14:45 PM »
I didn't want to make anyone feel bad they don't have a tent with a indoor pool. I did thirty mins then tried my hand at the highdive.  8)