Author Topic: Thread Pitch  (Read 1471 times)

Scott

• View Profile
    • Email
Thread Pitch
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
Anybody know the thread pitch of the steering stem? I've ruled out 24, 25.4, and 26.

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thread Pitch
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 07:50:37 PM »
It is 26 tpi , or "british standard cycle "   same for the axles ,   common old school bicycle parts  as for the early threaded fuel tank cap

Scott

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 10:21:28 AM »
It is 26 tpi , or "british standard cycle "   same for the axles ,   common old school bicycle parts  as for the early threaded fuel tank cap

Thanks! Would you know any reason why a modern 26tpi crown race and nut I bought would not fit? The original spins right on, The race is pitted and I need to replace it. I bought a 24tpi, 25.4tpi (1mm), and a 26tpi and none fit ???. I guess the diameter might be slightly different. I bought 1". Do you know where I might get the set? I've tried to get stuff from Wayne but I think he just forgot about me. It doesn't have to be original. I have notice that the original has fewer and large balls. And the new sets all has more small balls. What's better (heavy duty)?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:17:23 PM by Scott »

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »
you should "procure" a thread pitch gauge to be certain i'm not lieing to you,  all head threads I've seen are 26 tpi unless someone molested it by re-tapping it ,   mine measures  1 inch ,   maybe you can get a micrometes to be certain of the diameter ,,   Wayne has been good as gold to me ,  He probably forgot    He's only human .   All the best   ,   Larry Brown.