Author Topic: Banquet Dinner 2013  (Read 1018 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Banquet Dinner 2013
« on: July 28, 2013, 06:53:40 AM »
My son Travis and I engaged in great conversation with Reese and Janetta(sp?). The meal was worth every penny. That is Kaitlyn Rose(black dress) and is the person we talk to when renewing our memberships. By now she is Kaitlyn Edelbrick as she was to be married soon after the banquet. So if we wondered why there may have been a delay in receiving our membership cards she was probably busy planning a wedding! That is Darren Chafin(president) and Tanya Charles (secretary-blue dress). Travis counted 35 bikes and we took pictures as they all rode off. That is Travis and I in front of Reese's bikes and also one of Reese and his wife. Then I had to take a close-up of Reese's gas tank. That is NOT a decal! I think Reese said it was all powder coated on. Right Reese?

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Banquet Dinner 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 06:59:03 AM »
Whoops! Kaitlyn is no where to be found in that first photo. Try this one.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 09:49:01 AM »
Yes I do say it was some of the best dinner conversation I had in awhile. Thanks, and the letters are done by hand goofs included, (sp) is Janette. I know the best part of the whole event was the times we had just to sit and talk with all you wonderful people. There were times I was saddened when it came time to part.  :'(

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 11:43:54 AM »
Like an idiot, I didn't take hardly any photos, even thou I had the camera with me....just too much overload I guess.

My favorite part of the banquet, other than riding the scooter the 21 miles to get there with the rest of the "hecks angles", was finding a girl there that I had been looking for.  When I joined the club, I bought 10 years worth of back issues so I could learn about the club & hopefully pick up some tips (big dissappointment there).  The oldest was 2004 & I got to noticing that in almost every issue, there was this little girl who was always pictured winning some trophy for a bicycle race or a bike show.  For Sonya & I it became a game of "where's waldo" but this time it was Victoria.  I started making copies of her pic's & dating them.  We brought them to the meet in case we happened to see her or her family.  Low & behold, she was setting at the table right next to us at the banquet.  We all got a good laugh out of it and I think we convinced her we were not stalkers.  She is all grown up now & had a boyfriend in attendance with her. 
Mike Sal