Author Topic: Car Show Yesterday  (Read 1077 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Car Show Yesterday
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:02:55 PM »
Took the Simplex and Sonya's Passport to her hometown yesterday to a car show.  8 other bikes there.....a customized Ninja & some stock harley's and one victory Vision.  We were a shoe in for the plaque.  The bike ran perfect all day (don't ask how it ran today.....).  Later we went to a benefit dinner & auction for a friend who has a 3yr old with Cerebral palzey.  They had a big poker run also & when all the bikers showed up they all got a big charge out of the Simplex.

Met a guy who had a '40 model as a boy & he delivered the Grit magazine with it (had a large basket mounted on the front).  He said he had a lot of fun on it.

Also met a guy who has a Sportman Senior motorbike in decent condition.  I told him about our website & I gave him an old copy of the VMBC magazine.  He lives near my home town and has invited us to come see his bike and his car....a 1922 Citroen.
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
Re: Car Show Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
My folks received the Grit for years . That was a neat little publication .

Citroens are a bit different . Can always tell them from a distance .

I want one .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Car Show Yesterday
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 10:18:36 AM »
the Citroen DS models of the early 70's are my favorites....I almost bought one about 10 years ago buy Sonya decided that I had too many cars.....
Mike Sal