Author Topic: Norman Burton  (Read 784 times)

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
Norman Burton
« on: April 27, 2014, 05:43:32 PM »
Folks,  I am sorry to report the death of Norman Burton, a Servi-Cycle expert from St. Petersburg, Florida.  Norm was one of a kind.  His knowledge of Simplexes and all things mechanical never ceased to amaze me.  He was always willing to share what he knew.  I have often regretted that I did not record some of the conversations that I heard between Norm and Gary Wollard.  You will see evidence of his knowledge in Gary's book.  They could really split hairs on any detail over why something was engineered a particular way.
I remember that Norm's birthday was October 1, and I believe that he was 87 on his last birthday.  He actually died on April 2, but I did not learn of his death until yesterday.  He was cremated, and his ashes were spread in Tampa Bay.  He leaves one daughter, one son, and one step son.  His daughter has asked that collectors not call her about parts at this point in time.  In the future she will catalog all of what he had and make some or all of it available.
Peace in all of the pieces, Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Norman Burton
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 04:45:01 AM »
Sorry to hear.  I never got to meet the man, but Wayne told me Norm was a really good guy, very knowledgable on all things Servi.
Rick