Author Topic: simplex forum  (Read 2135 times)

sauley

• View Profile
    • Email
simplex forum
« on: April 01, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »
This forum is the greatest.....There is more information on this site than anywhere when it comes to Simplex motorcycles......Rick,Mike and others keep up the good work......
     I also want to thank Wayne for the conversion kit he sells, it had everything i needed............A special thanks to Paul (carryall) he is the GURU when it comes to installing the 212cc predator motor......with Paul's innovations and technical knowlege i was able to finish the project.....Thanks Paul
     When i receive the gas tank decals for my 49 and the new leather for my seat, i will post some pics.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: simplex forum
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 05:15:14 PM »
All the members is what makes this forum work.  Without everyone's knowledge coming together, a lot of this information would be lost.  Hopefully us younger guys can keep this going.  I have tried to get a couple of the Simplex old timers to come on and post some of the vast knowledge they have, but without luck.

Rick
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »
Your words of gratitude are humbling, and I was more than happy to share what I know with you. Looking forward to seeing it all together, and anything else you need, or want to ask, feel free to contact me Richard, anytime.     

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 07:42:09 PM »
I for one think this forum and the ppl on it are awesome. A little over a year ago I had a frame and a few buckets of parts that had been sitting in by basement for about 25 yrs. Now I have a simplex I can ride. Not complete...but real close. With the limited mechanical ability I have, it would have been impossible to get this far. Before this forum and Portland, the only 2 Simplex's I had ever seen were the 2 that I have owned. I have body and Paint skills, but my mechanical skills are almost none. Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the cause. My plan is to finish the simplex, then build a small trailer I can pull around in parades and events selling Kettle Korn out of. At some point I am wanting to pull the original motor and put up for safe keeping and then put a conversion motor in it...something that would be more suited for a lot of riding and pulling a trailer. At that time I will be needing a lot of instruction again.