Author Topic: Vintage Motorbike Show at Portland  (Read 1303 times)

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
Vintage Motorbike Show at Portland
« on: June 11, 2012, 06:20:36 AM »
Greetings,
I just talked with Bob Legron last night to make my final arrangements to attending the show - my first time.  I fly out of Gulfport, MS, to Houston, then to meet Bob in Columbus, Ohio on Monday, July 9.  I've never understood why I need to fly west in order to fly north???
I'm still working to get the 1945 model from Gary Wollard to the WW II museum in New Orleans (90 miles from me in Ocean Springs).  I certainly hope that John Treen hasn't given up on me.
I look forward to meeting several of you on this list in a few weeks.
Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vintage Motorbike Show at Portland
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 06:54:19 AM »
Looking forward to meeting you to Mike.  Any word from Adam on reducing the collection?
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 10:33:13 AM »
I had to go out east one time & had to take a puddle jumper west to St.Louis, then a big plane to onto my destination.  I asked the airlines if I could just drive to St.Louis to avoid the puddle jumper & was told I could, but it would cost an extra 350 bucks.....what sence did that make?  I think it's a conspiracy from the flight controlers....you can't trust those guys.....:)
Mike Sal

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 07:17:29 PM »
Rick, My son lives in Minnasota and when he was going to fly to my house in Michigan he had to go to Pennsyvania first and then back to Detroit. I told him that he shold of jumped out when he was over the house with a parachute and saved a half of day coming here. See you in Portland  Bill Marcum 8)