Author Topic: Found a add on Craigslist looking for me! lol!  (Read 1450 times)

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
Found a add on Craigslist looking for me! lol!
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:38 PM »
I went to a 2 day car cruise "The 28th street Metro cruise" in my home town of Grand Rapids Mi a couple of weeks ago-Its the same as the "Woodward Dream Cruise" in Detroit-only its the weekend after... I rode my Simplex truck all day and went through a whole tank of gas and probably put 50-60 miles on it just cruising up and down and around a 10 mile section of road and just goofing off!...I have done show cars and things but i have never been to a event where what i had has created such a stir!! I had a couple of Magazine guys take pics a few times but never took them seriously lol! so anyway i had a friend contact me today with this Craigslist ad that someone was looking for me with a pic of my Simplex Thought it was kind of funny-lol! here it is- http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mis/4648241899.html
The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the sweetness of low cost!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Found a add on Craigslist looking for me! lol!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 04:09:32 AM »
That is so cool!  Mike, resist the temptation to restore it!  It is only original once!
Rick

David Stinson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 04:37:01 AM »
Both the story and the truck are awesome!

I was just wondering if the truck has different pulleys than the standard motorcycle to allow it to move the heavier vehicle and any additional load placed in the cargo area.
David

WVbiker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 07:11:18 AM »
After seeing you put many miles on it at Portland, I am wondering, did you have to do any work on the motor to get it to run so well?  It appeared to start and run as good as the day it was originally sold.

Bob

relic

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:59:47 AM »
Well Bob that Sunday before Portland i had the engine running with the new carb and it ran like crap no power and then it seized up then would not start at all! So I pulled the cyl head off and found the piston was scuffed pretty bad on the exhaust side and had a stuck piston ring-it must have got pretty hot at some point? Anyway I was able to get the rings off and filed the ring land to clean it up, hand sanded the scuffs out of the piston as best I could reassembled it and it fired right up with a little either...added a little extra oil to the fuel per Bob Keer and just played with the carb adjustments ...I did replace the drive belt from engine to clutch and had to play with the belt tension from the clutch to drive pulley that made a lot of difference it's not perfect yet but it's a work in progress...I think once I rebuild the engine and go through everything it will be good it doesn't have the power that it should but it runs along for now. And I haven't forgot about that horn for you Bob I have been real busy lately.
The bitterness of poor quality, lingers long after the sweetness of low cost!

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 12:03:19 PM »
Can I have your bike?