Author Topic: To the new guys  (Read 3420 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
To the new guys
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:58:09 AM »
It looks like the this site has picked up some new members. Introduce yourselves! Post pics of your bikes and don't forget to add an email to contact you at. Let's all enjoy the ride!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: To the new guys
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 01:21:45 PM »
And some of you members that haven't updated us in a while, throw us a bone!
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »
Rick had made up some Simplex business cards to hand out during the Portand meet for recruitment.  I wish I'd had some of them to leave at all the bikes I saw on Sunday.
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:18 PM »
Rick had made up some Simplex business cards to hand out during the Portand meet for recruitment.  I wish I'd had some of them to leave at all the bikes I saw on Sunday.
Mike Sal

I handed out about 30 cards to anyone with a simplex or was interested in one.  We shall see if anyone joins our group.
Rick

charliem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
Hi my name is charliem.  I am the proud owner of a 1951 Simplex Servi-cycle.  All orginal condition and street ready.  Frame #04258  Engine #M19945B.  I would like some feedback on Engine and Frame numbers to verify year of bike.    Thanks, charliem

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 06:07:46 PM »
Hi Charlie, welcome aboard!  I believe you are correct about the frame being a 1951, but the engine number is quite a bit later. I would estimate the engine as a 1956.  Please post some pictures for us to enjoy.
Rick

charliem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »
thanks rick for the info !! I will seand a pic as soon as I can, charliem

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 01:13:31 PM »
The picture in your avatar shows 1952 only tank decal.  Is it original?
Rick

hpmowog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »

My name is Karl, and I live in South Louisiana.  I don't presently own a Simplex.  I've been fooling around with old british cars for the last 30 years or so, but have fairly recently become interested in finding a Simplex project bike.  I've started reading the threads on this site to get a better idea of what I should be looking for, but I've got a lot more reading and researching to do before I start buying.

Donnie B

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:07 AM »
I'm one of the new guys here. My name is Donnie and I live in South East Georgia. I have been the owner of a Simplex Servicycle rolling chassis (well sorta... the tires are flat) for 17 years. Plans are to make a project out of it in the not too distant future. I'm also into Cushmans, Mustangs (bikes) and ride a Harley. Other hobbies are Ham Radio and R/C planes.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Welcome guys!  Throw up some pictures of what you are working with.
Rick

kevinn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2012, 07:25:58 AM »
I'm new also. A recent transplant from California to Mexico.
I don't have a simplex at the moment but have restored small mopeds, scooters and motorcycles for the past 35 years as a hobby. I'm a mechanical designer/draftsman by trade.
I'm building a Simplex "tribute" bike at the moment so any dimensions of the real thing you want to throw at me would be welcomed. I found the site to be a great resource so far!
I'm still working on it...just a few more hours.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2012, 10:52:43 AM »
Welcome to the group.  Hope your someplace nice like Cuernavaca (spl?) & not someplace dangerous like the border.

We really do need to track down that guy who was building some reproduction Simplexes & get his story and if any parts are available.  I don't know how many he built (at least 3....) before giving up on the project.
Mike Sal

kevinn

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »
I'm down in Merida, on the Yucatan peninsula. VERY nice place and great people albeit very hot most of the year.
I'm creating the bike layout out in CAD and have most of the design issues conquered. Parts availability isn't the best down here but I found a good connection with a large bike shop. What I can't find I'll be making or have made. Most of the traffic here, other than the buses, is small scooters/motorcycles and cargo bikes. There may actually be a market for these, but first the prototype!
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm still working on it...just a few more hours.