Author Topic: New Members  (Read 4091 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Members
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 08:00:31 AM »
Pete, is the frame also blue?
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »
Mike ,

The frame is black . Only the tank and fenders are blue . The fenders have pin stripping along the sides and the fender supports are also black .

The seat is a golden sand colored , probably a plastic or possibly a heavy Naugahyde . Too bad it has a separation , most likely from shrinkage , along part of the rear seam .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
I'll bet they steamed those covers to shrink fit them onto the metal seat pan.  There is no way you could ever take mine off without destroying it.  Either that or that plastic material was very much more flexible then than it is now.  I have one small separation (an inch or less) along the side, where the bike was dropped on it's side somewhere along the line.  Other than that, it's in really good condition.

BTW, when you get to the point you need an exhaust, if you haven't found one, let me know.
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »
Mike ,

I'm sure that the seat material was much more pliable when new . And , they probably did use a bit of heat when applying the cover to the pan . I did when I redid my XT seat .

About exhaust ,

I have copper pipe and tubing that I think will make a nice exhaust system . I planned on replicating a double long pipe system , or at least something close .

But , I might be interested , if you have a system . Which type is it ? Shorty , long single or long double ? Have a pic or two ?

Pete . :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 06:33:42 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Billy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
My name is billy I am working on two 48 models 433 and 444 I will post pictures when my wife can help me I am not good with a computer.i love reading all of your posts and look forward to add my 2 cents.