Author Topic: 1953 Simplex Automatic for sale with extra parts  (Read 1695 times)

Reggie LeGros

• View Profile
    • Email
1953 Simplex Automatic for sale with extra parts
« on: March 22, 2014, 01:01:35 PM »
Hey Members
This my third try to post this bike. 
I have a 53 Simplex Automatic with a rebuilt engine done by Bob Kerr of Oklahoma and several extra parts for sale.  This was to be my next project, however I purchased a Simplex with a 8.5hp Briggs engine during the 2013 Christmas trip to Tn. to visit my daughter and grandchildren.  The bike for sale would be a very easy project for someone who still has a fire in the belly to restore. At 70 years old I am happy riding the bikes that I have and admiring other peoples bikes.  I am asking $2500 for the bike or the best offer considering it has a rebuilt engine and very good sheet metal.
I live 15 miles northwest of Sulphur, La in Southwest Louisiana. If I do not sell the bike in 15 days I will list it on ebay. If anyone is interested contact me on the forum and I will provide my phone#.  The buyer is responsible for all shipping expense.  I would be willing to bring the bike and put it in a Forward Air crate in Lafayette, La. if it is bought at full price. please view the photos I am posting.
Thanks
Reggie

Hello everyone,
Glad to see someone start a new Simplex site.  The old Simplex Collectors site just quit.
I own 3 Simplex Motorcycles:1948 I just completed restoration, 1953 basket case,1956 Restored currently in a museum. I also restored a James ML and a 1954 Triumph Terrier.

Shifter

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Simplex Automatic for sale with extra parts
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 08:07:20 AM »
Reggie, I sent you a PM check your inbox.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Simplex Automatic for sale with extra parts
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:09:47 AM »
Reggie, do I have your frame & motor numbers from your bikes?  If not, send them to me & I'll get them into the registry.  When you sell the bike (at that  price it will go fast), tell the new owner to let me know so I can change the name.
thanks,
Mike Sal