Author Topic: 195? Servi-Cycle / Roller - What, too high? Someone please provide some input.  (Read 2544 times)

Scottrodder1

• View Profile
    • Email

The frame forks etc. which make up the core of this bike are from the original, not a “piece together”.  I have no title (just a bill of sale) as we couldn’t locate ANY numbers, anywhere even where they are supposed to be.  This is a great bike for anyone attempting their first restoration project.  You can search for stock parts, or utilize whatever aftermarket engine and add’l parts required to complete it.  No portions of the frame have been cut off and re-welded, and it appears that no damage has been sustained save the bent freeway bar.

IF YOU ARE JUST STARTING OUT, use this website as your bible.  There are a TON of ideas and/or examples throughout and, in my experience there are no other sites which offer the materials and personal resources gladly given by its members.  Bravo to those responsible and who participate!

ITEMS INCLUDE IN THE SALE (see photos)

Main parts/components:

Frame, forks, seat pan, handlebars, handlebar mounting plate (four hole-three hole) triple clamp. (all these parts were bolted together from original build).   Fuel tank was purchased from Wayne M., ? years ago.  I have the original receipt.  Although I am including the tank it was not the version I was ultimately going to use.  It needs rust repair on the bottom (don’t they all) but the sides and top are sound and absolutely restorable (I will include a photo in the ad asap).

Misc components:

Headlight, yellow tinted glass, chrome is weak on bucket (orig. ?). kickstand, all springs (seat, forks, kickstand misc. nuts and bolts are Grade 8 or, true Military Grade.

Parts purchased and efforts made to bring project to current status:

Have had all metal components media blasted except fuel tank (you will know what you are getting).

Purchased new wheels.  26” x 2 ¼” wide - chrome - 105 diameter spokes, spool front, drum brake rear.  Freewheel diameter threads on sprocket side (kart axle gear carrier to be used for rear sprocket holder.  This will provide for many chain and/or gear size options.  New tires are not motorcycle DOT but are usable, tubes inside.  

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

This most significant repair required is the bend in the right freeway bar (see photo).  It is not broken or cracked, simply bent.  This will be an easy repair for a DIYer.
  Should you consider having this repair completed at any motorcycle or machine shop, the estimate should not be anymore than 1.5 hours of labor.  If it is, you need to utilize another shop!

PRICE:  All items listed, $1,500 OBO - Based on the bikes I have personally reviewed and, for what I’m offering this seems a very fair price  Consider the amount of work involved in getting the current batch of bikes on the market repaired/restored.

At this point I am not considering a part out.  

If you have any questions or have any problems viewing the photos, just shoot me an email or call my cell at (209) 482-5182.

Thanks for your interest and for the assistance that many of you have provided.

Scott
scottrodder1@gmail.com
(209) 482-5182 Cell

PS: The bars and goose neck shown in the pics are in place for ease of movement.  I understand they can be used, just like the early model does, however a revised triple clamp part would be required.  

I have many high dollar Pro BMX bar necks which I will consider including depending on price.  I will sell the parts outright if you want to go this route. Flattrack bars to match.
Additional engines are available ranging from:  New 0 hour Honda 31cc OHV with centrif. clutch - Several 2 and 3 HP early Briggs and Tecumseh running – a Cool Chrysler horizontal “Bee” Super from 1960’s Race Karting.  Please look for my other adds being posted within the next week.  Lots and lots of toys.  Search “scottrodder1” which should locate any of my current items.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 09:06:46 AM by Scottrodder1 »

illMATTic

• View Profile
Input... looks like you have about $400 in Simplex parts. Those wheels are worthless on this bike. The axles are too small and short. Save them for another project.

This is just my opinion though.  ;)

Bruce

• View Profile
Are those worksman wheels? Husky?   I think you should show the tank pics

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
I agree with Matt on his estimate.  If those wheels were laced to simplex hubs, that would give some more value.  I have sold frames like that on ebay without the front end, and usually get $125-150 for them.  The front ends bring about $100-125.  A good tank would bring $200-250.  I just don't see your asking price being anywhere close.  If someone tried to restore it, they would spend twice as much as the bike would ever be worth.
Rick

Scottrodder1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 195? Servi-Cycle / Data Appreciated a few more Q's if anyone has the time.
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:44:53 PM »
Thanks to all for your feedback!  Although I wanted to hear that the bike was the only year they were gold plated, I appreciate any input which gets me heading in the correct direction.

I was asked if I would consider parting out and I responded that for the frame (and forks) I would want $400.  That seems in the park  (don't say it-- Yellowstone, I know), doesn't it?  Or have the drugs once again taken effect. Please excuse the comments, it's been a long week and around these parts Thanksgiving is for being thankful when family gets the H#@* out of your house :'(

Regarding the wheels, they are quite old Worksman units, (good eyes out there) and unfortunately I do have more than one project where these can be applied so all is not lost there.
(Further education please), I am curious though, what makes these wheels so unusable (save the axle size which is very simple to remedy?  Is it the lack of sealed bearings?  I have a sealed bearing kit I purchased at a Good Guys show several years ago.  Would the application of that kit bring this type of wheel configuration up to snuff?  Or should I get my Black Widow repellent ready and head out to the shed in search of my stash of skinnys?

Again, thanks for all the advise, I will continue working on the bike as time allows and keep the bike for sale.
I will take pics of the tank and several of the engines I have and get those posted before the weekend is through.

Scott
Stockton, CA