Author Topic: When We go to Portland...  (Read 5464 times)

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
Re: When We go to Portland...
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 02:25:13 PM »
Awww...c'mon, Whizzers are fun too.  :)

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 03:19:18 PM »

Awww...c'mon, Whizzers are fun too.  :)

Sure , BUT , they have pedals . ::)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »
You see there already trying to sway people to there side. Pedals who needs pedals.  :P

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Kartjockey have you got a map of the fairgrounds to show where everyone will be camping?¿?

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 08:19:05 PM »
It's going to be a busy summer.  We're taking my mom to Topeka, Kansas the week before Portland for the Aladdin Lamp convention, then rushing home, grabbing some clean underwear & hitching up the trailer, then heading to Portland.  This means I probably won't get there before Sunday night or Monday morning (21rst or 22nd).  I guess all the bargains will be scooped up by then, but Sonya says I got too much stuff now.....
Mike Sal 

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 08:42:04 PM »
Mike ,

If it's any consolation , every wife says the same thing . LOL   
 And , they're probably right .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 08:22:53 PM »
Looks like we might be able to go this year, I put in for time off of work, so that shouldn't be a problem.... not sure if we can bring the kettlekorn or not, haven't heard back from the club yet. We are gonna try bring the vinyl and sell vinyl designs and decals and such. We are still working on the simplex decals, we made up a winged decal with the cutter the other day, but don't have the right color for the silver.  We are still looking into the water slide decals also. Look forward to meeting everybody, will need to get you guys' infor so we can meet up when we get there.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 05:34:49 AM »
Post some pictures!
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 10:25:44 AM »
James, contact Darren directly regarding your corn & decal stuff for the convention.  He can get the info you need.  He's usually good at responding quickly.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »
Mike, Mike, Mike, this event in Topeka is there a good selection of parts there?¿?  ???

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »
Mike, I did contact Darren about the kettlekorn, and he was very helpful, even said he knew of a place to set up. He said I would have to contact the guy in charge of the food vendors. I did, and he said he would bring it up at board meeting on the 7th. Haven't asked him about the vinyl. i've been waiting for them to put the form on website for membership and camping during the show, but haven't seen it yet. How much does it cost to camp on the grounds for the week??

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »
Reese, The meet in Topeka is the national meet for aladdin lamps (people bring other lamps too).  There is a regional aladdin meet going on Mothersday weekend in Clarksville, Tn too. 

Ya, you can buy just about anything for a lamp at the big show.  They have an auction on Thursday too.  Do a search for "Aladdin Knights of the Mystic Light" & you'll find the website.

James, glad to hear you may get fixed up for the show.  Sonya loves kettle korn!
Mike Sal

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 06:35:38 PM »
Just got the ok to set up the kettlekorn at the show this year, Can't wait!! still working on the winged decal, don't have it perfected yet, but will post some pics when it's done. Anybody have any ideas where I should set up the KettleKorn??? Someplace that will be busy, busy busy.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 01:59:54 PM »
Just booked my room for the Holiday Inn Express in Portland.  I have stayed there the last 2 years. The hotel is only a few years old and is next door to Rings-n-Wings.  The hotel is filling up fast so get your air-conditioned rooms now or camp out in the heat!
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 02:47:56 PM »
Well being my first time I'm planning to camp. Seeing that I've not camped sense I was a scoutmaster for my sons troop. Boy do I miss it. There will be some comforts of home. One question is there drinking on the grounds or not?   ???