Author Topic: T-shirt Project  (Read 16711 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: T-shirt Project
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »
I'm a medium and I vote for a small logo on the front and a big one on the back. It would be nice to get a high quality T-shirt to print on as the cheaper ones tend to fall apart pretty quickly for me.

I second this idea. I would pay more for a high quality shirt as they wear much better.
I bet you could sell a bunch at Portland this summer to all the guys on the "Simplex Hill".
Rick

ltcps

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 05:10:55 PM »
an extra large

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »
Put me on your list for a t-shirt x-large

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »
Hello all.  Checking in from my folks place (taking dad in for a surgery in the morning).

By "hi quality shirt", are we talking a polo shirt, or???
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:43 PM »
High quality T-Shirt.  They make many different weights, and some cheap ones are paper thin.
Rick

slick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 05:16:49 AM »
Put me down for 1 XL and 1 XXL, I like the idea of the large wing on the back and an old bike on the front
Steve Bruce

koops4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 05:29:41 AM »
I would also be interested in possibly getting a shirt or two.  I like the idea of the wing on the back.  Just my two cents.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
Talked to the shirt shop guy today & he's received the artwork I sent him.  He'll have a proposal shortly.  The new quote will reflect a heavy weight (6.something something weight) light colored (but not white) T-shirt with the bike on the front & the Logo on the back.

So far, I've got a dozen of you indicating interest.  Anyone who's not given me a size preference, please sound off (you can email me direct at miso7@wabash.net).  This will help determine how many of each size to order (I'm thinking a small number of "medium" & "XXL" & the bulk to be "Large" & "ExtraLarge".
Mike Sal

Vince

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:13 PM »
Put me down for 2 extra large.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2012, 07:42:17 PM »
Bill Erickson is happy we're using an early bike for the shirts....he's restoring a '37 right now & hopes to have it ready for the VMBC convention this summer.
Mike Sal

adamwollard

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2012, 09:18:55 PM »
Hey guys,

My father had 2 different types of t-shirts made for the simplex show held in Hammond, Louisiana back in the early 90's i think. One was a play off of the success of the movie "jurassic park." This shirt had a dinosaur riding a simplex in a jungle setting. The other shirt, if I remember correctly, was a picture of the show's poster. We still have alot of these shirts and plastic simplex cups (also made for the Hammond show). Let me know if any of yall are interested, pretty sure we have sizes S-XL.

-Adam

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2012, 04:04:51 AM »
Adam, this is great.  I'd be interested in one of each shirt, and a cup.  Maybe we make an arrangement with you to have some of these available at the VMBC this summer.

I'll send you an email regarding sizes for the shirts.  I had sent Leslie a note yesterday, regarding getting a copy of your father's book.  I wanted to get one now rather than wait for us to make the trip to Florida to see you.

How are things progressing on the disposition of your collection of bikes & parts?
Mike Sal

Kustomkarma

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »
Talked to the shirt shop guy today & he's received the artwork I sent him.  He'll have a proposal shortly.  The new quote will reflect a heavy weight (6.something something weight) light colored (but not white) T-shirt with the bike on the front & the Logo on the back.

So far, I've got a dozen of you indicating interest.  Anyone who's not given me a size preference, please sound off (you can email me direct at miso7@wabash.net).  This will help determine how many of each size to order (I'm thinking a small number of "medium" & "XXL" & the bulk to be "Large" & "ExtraLarge".
Mike Sal

You gotta do black. All of my T-shirts are black  ;D. I think the winged logo would look really good on a dark background.

Driver

• someday...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
I'd like a couple in Black, gotta be 2XL's though (and that can be iffy if they run small).

PS: Here's the logo, run through photoshop and saved as a PNG. Working on getting it down to a 4 color image (although I like the "'texture' of it as shown). Reminds me of the metal flake paint jobs from the 70's.
jack of all trades, master of none...

adamwollard

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2012, 05:07:30 PM »
Mike,

Sounds good. Shoot me an email (adamwollard@hotmail.com) and we'll discuss the shirts you want and I'll see if I can send you some pics first so you know what youre buying. As far as the collection goes, interest has picked up recently and we've sold some bikes etc, but there is still alot available. Talk to you soon.

-Adam