Author Topic: T-shirt Project  (Read 16707 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: T-shirt Project
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 04:53:25 PM »
Well, I'm not too impressed with the quality of the "proofs" (we could have done this much), but here's whatthe guy sent.  Let me know what you think. 
Mike sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »
I agree, I've done better with an online shirt designer, and I have no idea what I'm doing.

BTW, here is the shirt scaled down.
Rick

aquaelvis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
Hey- I'm coming into this late but I want shirts!
Want to buy; old motorbikes, old gas pumps too!

Kustomkarma

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2012, 06:47:11 AM »
Wow, it looks like he didn't spend too much time on it. My thoughts would be black with a large winged logo on the back and a smaller one on the upper front left (my left) side - OR - black with a large white bike graphic on the back and a smaller winged logo on the upper front left (my left) side - OR - white with a black or colored bike graphic on the back and a black or colored winged logo on the upper front left (my left). The bike graphic has lots of little lines in it, so it would look better larger in IMO. Just my .02.

aquaelvis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »
I agree with Kustom, I think large on back and a small on the front chest. The bike might be too small to put on the chest?)
I like the wings on the back and wings on the chest, the wings look cool and I think would be great on a black shirt. I don't like big logos on the front of shirts, Harley always does that and I never like them.
Maybe 2 different shirts? One with just a winged logo, after that run maybe do another in a few months with a different design?
I was thinking a winged logo with bike in front of it, logo in the background.
Also would be cool to have long sleeves done at a later run. Maybe with the simplex "automatic" font down the sleeves and the wings on the back?

My vote is to do one run now; small wings on the front, left chest and large wings on back. Keep it simple plus the set up charge should be less with just one design. (still need to pay for screens to be burned for the different sizes) See how those go, and plan another run of a different design later depending on how things go with the first run.

my 2 cents...

Kustomkarma

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2012, 03:40:53 PM »
I agree with Kustom, I think large on back and a small on the front chest. The bike might be too small to put on the chest?)
I like the wings on the back and wings on the chest, the wings look cool and I think would be great on a black shirt. I don't like big logos on the front of shirts, Harley always does that and I never like them.
Maybe 2 different shirts? One with just a winged logo, after that run maybe do another in a few months with a different design?
I was thinking a winged logo with bike in front of it, logo in the background.
Also would be cool to have long sleeves done at a later run. Maybe with the simplex "automatic" font down the sleeves and the wings on the back?

My vote is to do one run now; small wings on the front, left chest and large wings on back. Keep it simple plus the set up charge should be less with just one design. (still need to pay for screens to be burned for the different sizes) See how those go, and plan another run of a different design later depending on how things go with the first run.

Hey sounds good to me!  ;D BTW, we're up to .04 at this point.

my 2 cents...

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
Ithink the art work is important but the quality of the material is also just as important. Give me a Quality Tee Shirt. When are you going to start printing?

aquaelvis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »
I don't know where we are with this, if anything moved forward or not but I have been talking with my wife and I am about 99% sure I am going to start making t-shirts soon. I have wanted to do it for years and specialize in stuff just like this; smaller runs of old auto/gas & oil/motorcycle logos.
I'd like tot be able to offer more colors, can't be too much more difficult to print using multiple shirt colors as long as the ink colors will be the same. (Simplex logo would look good on black, green, white, etc shirts with the same color inks) They won't be as cheap as all one color because the minimums when buying the shirts wholesale but it isn't that much from what I have seen. Plus, I plan to do many different companies so I should be able to get decent deals and buy in bulk.
I'll get started as time allows and I am looking for used equipment now. I'm planning to do a lot of the old gas and oil companies. (odd stuff, long since out of business as well as the logod from the pump makers themselves) I'm sure once I'm up and running I'll be looking for cool old logos.
Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there. If nothing else comes of this thread I'll be doing Simplex shirts as one of my first batches. (maybe do a run of logos and a run of ones with the bike on it?) The screens aren't that big of a deal to make so once I am up and running it wouldn't be a big deal to have 2 designs .

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »
A.E., I've been so tied up this past week with getting the concrete poured for the building & meetings with my dad's cancer doctor, I've not had a chance to stop by the shirt shop.  No contract has been signed with them, so we're not obligated to them.

Too bad I didn't know you were interested a few months ago.  A local shirt / graphics shop decided to stop dealing with shirts & put their silkscreening equipment up for sale.  I heard it sold cheap.  I thought about it briefly, as I used to make shirts many years ago (I had access to screen making equipment for free back then).

My final design was going to be the big wing decal on the back, and a smaller bike on the left breast w/ a small "Simplex" name (the image Rick scanned in yesterday) below it.

If your interested in taking over the project, go for it.  The only thing I ask is that we have them ready prior to the Portland meet in July.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:03 PM »
Well if a shirt is made I would like 3 xlarge .

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2012, 05:00:46 AM »
Mike, did you ever get anywhere with this?

Rick
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2012, 07:30:55 AM »
I just conversed with Tom a couple days ago about this project.  He still doesn't have his equipment yet.  I told him I'd wait as long as we could before I had any made.  I've still got the list of everyone who posted that they wanted some.
Mike Sal

JZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
Hi,
If you guys are still doing shirts, I'd be interested in 2 medium t's. Let me know where to send the payment if you need it up front.
Thanks,
JZ

Ben Treen

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2012, 07:18:12 PM »
If someone will provide the artwork, I can have them made.
Ben Treen, MD
Ben Treen, MD

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
Something to think about for the shirts: Like hash marks showing years of service there could be little bikes you can apply to your sleeve or sleeves showing how many bikes you have.  ???