Author Topic: muffler can dimention  (Read 1572 times)

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
muffler can dimention
« on: April 25, 2012, 09:19:25 PM »
 >:(   my rotten , mean , nasty, boss tossed my muffler in the dump when I was away !!!,,,,, what was the diameter and length of the can type in front of the engine ???        ( I'm gonna ring his doorbell and run !!! )    thank you all

OEM

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: muffler can dimention
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:41:48 AM »
&^%$ Larry, it ain't "dimention", it's spelled "dementia".  The dementia of the can is 4" x 7 3/4".   Add 1/16 to each of these to include the crimped/welded bead around the ends.

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:12:14 AM »
Could someone give me the lengths between the bends on the long exhaust pipes?  I'm going to try to make a single exhaust pipe to mate up with my stubby style muffler / pipe.  I don't care for the idea of the exhaust exiting right underneath the motor plate.

Sorry to hear of you bad luck there Larry.  I've heard that the mufflers are getting hard to find.  I wonder how much trouble it would be to have a batch of them made?
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »
I think the boss needs to be horsewhiped for throwing it away. But a exhaust under the bike is a bad thing unburnt oil everywhere. I brought mine to just behind the kick starter to keep it clean. Just remember the small drain hole in the bottom of the can.

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:43:35 PM »
Thanks for replies ,     1 inch electrical conduit makes a perfect exhaust pipe size ,,,   I think i'll extend my exit pipe also ,  good idea ,,,   thank you for the dementia   8)   P.S   I'm doing this on company time,  just  'cause  I'm like that

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 04:09:17 AM »
Could someone give me the lengths between the bends on the long exhaust pipes?  I'm going to try to make a single exhaust pipe to mate up with my stubby style muffler / pipe.  I don't care for the idea of the exhaust exiting right underneath the motor plate.

Sorry to hear of you bad luck there Larry.  I've heard that the mufflers are getting hard to find.  I wonder how much trouble it would be to have a batch of them made?
Mike Sal

Mike, is Wayne not having the exhausts built anymore?  I know they are not cheap, but the fit is nice.

Rick
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 10:34:17 AM »
I may be wrong, but I thought I heard Wayne was out of mufflers.  Let's hope not.  I'm going to try the single long exhaust pipe project first before trying to spend the big bucks for a new dual pipe system.  My muffler is in good shape, it's just that I don't like the stubby exit port under the motor.
Mike Sal