Author Topic: New Simplex on EBay  (Read 14979 times)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
Re: New Simplex on EBay
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Ok, here is my thoughts.....I've had mine for over 20 yrs sitting in buckets and collecting dust. 2 yrs ago I thought I would get it out and start tinkering. As most of you already know, I also had an original 47 w/ title that was bought w/ my brother, and a 55. Needless to say he took off with the 47 and a lot of the parts for my 55. I thought I would drag it out and paint it up pretty and put a glass top on it and use it for a cool man cave table. After finding this forum I realized there were ppl who had knowledge and parts were avail. Keep in mind, the only Simplex's I had ever even seen, I owned. .  I had my other brother, who works in a trailer shop powder coat the frame and weld the crash bar back on. After it was pretty I started the engine assembly. I  Have very little mechanic skills, but did get running with a little help from ppl on here. I rode it drove it and enjoyed it, but I wanted to use it to pull a bicycle trailer and sell our popcorn out of it in parades and at events. After 1 parade, and working on it the whole time I was at portland, I decided I would go with the jap motor. Now I can start with 1 kick, and ride as far as I want w/o it getting hot. It was a very hard decision, but now I know I made the right one. Now there is another motor avail for someone who needs it. A transmission that I know has went to a good home. Not everyone has the skills, or the funds to restore everything to original cond. I know one thing from this experience though....I had a blast doing it and have found a lot of new friends, and I am doing something with a bike that was in buckets for close to 25 yrs. So I guess my opinion is that if you want to spend 25 bucks on bike tires....have fun doing it...if the only motor avail is a jap motor, more power to you. And that's all I have to say about that.

bjm

• View Profile
    • millers powder coating
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »
good eye flathead . those are edelbrock heads, 2 94s on top, boat manifolds,duel point linc, pargon outdrive. was in storage 45 years plus. came out of a century boat. turns over like it was just shut off. I think it has  a 4in crank. future project, lol

Bruce

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2014, 06:42:19 PM »
If you wanna always play alone.....insist on original.
 You like friends and comrades?  You hafta be more open minded