Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 1398 times)

Tocobill

• View Profile
    • Email
Introductions
« on: October 02, 2013, 01:20:19 PM »
Hello from Tocobill  ;D I'm a snowbird wintering in FL and summering in MD.
I am just starting out with my first Simplex(s). I picked the two of them up yesterday. If you follow the for sale forums, it was the two that were being sold from the fellow in Hialeah, FL.
I will be restoring them and adding to the few other bikes I have. I will definitely be paying attention to the forums along the way. I will likely need a few parts here and there too.
Anyway, Hello to all.
Bill

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 01:57:20 PM »
Welcome Brother Bill!

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 07:24:25 PM »
Hello Bill and Welcome . Enjoy your projects . Visit the forums often .

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »
Welcome Bill . :)

We aren't snowbirds . ;) We just follow the intermediate temperatures . Currently 'camping' in Gulfport , Ms . We'll be heading East to Central Florida before too long .

Post a couple pics of your projects and maybe do a restore thread or two , so we can keep an eye on your progress .

Where in Florida are you for the Winter ?

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

SIMPLEXUSA

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 09:24:50 PM »
HI MR. BILL

Tocobill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 03:51:15 PM »
Stuart, FL in winter and Calvert County (Southern MD), MD in the summer. I was hoping to do some traveling in the future and was looking at truck campers for some versatility to tow something else. Still looking though.
Are there any replacement part currently being manufactured? I will likely need some foot pads, I guess I could weld some metal on them to beef them up some.
I also need a magneto. Has anyone found any parts from other applications that fit these cycles?
I did see the contact in AL who deals in Simplex parts.
Looks like it will be a fun project(s).

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
Stuart, FL in winter and Calvert County (Southern MD), MD in the summer. I was hoping to do some traveling in the future and was looking at truck campers for some versatility to tow something else. Still looking though.
Are there any replacement part currently being manufactured? I will likely need some foot pads, I guess I could weld some metal on them to beef them up some.
I also need a magneto. Has anyone found any parts from other applications that fit these cycles?
I did see the contact in AL who deals in Simplex parts.
Looks like it will be a fun project(s).

Wayne is the only source for new, reproduction parts.  He also has a good selection of used parts available.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 05:37:04 PM »
How did you come to Winter in Stuart ?
I've seen some pretty nice truck campers , but they just seem a bit too small for my taste .

I'm currently running an ignition coil that I took from an old boat motor stator made by Phelon . I suspect that a few other things may be found that might work , but ...
Of course , the various bearings and belts are still sold from different sources .

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)