Author Topic: Hello from Bay Minette, Alabama  (Read 1169 times)

Twitchy

• View Profile
    • Email
Hello from Bay Minette, Alabama
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:12:07 PM »
    I found out my father had a motorcycle when he was in high school and decided to try and find one like it. After finding one and getting it running (barely) We have been having a blast and actually got him to ride recently for the first time in over 60 years. Like a champ he took off and ended up having a wonderful time. There was nothing in the world like seeing him holding up traffic using hand signals and laughing like a kid with a new toy. Many thanks to Wayne for helping me make this possible for my pops!
 Not sure what year but it is close enough to a 47 for my dad to fall back in love with it. The first loan he ever got was in high school to buy one of these from his friend (same age) who had a Simplex dealership of his own here in Bay Minette in the 40's. My how the times have changed.

OnaWingandaPrayer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hello from Bay Minette, Alabama
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 03:00:10 PM »
  Hello Twitchy and Welcome to the forums and Simplex family . I'd bet there was no way to wipe the grin  :)  off of "Pops" face . I hope you both enjoy many more good times with the bike .

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 07:11:20 PM »
That's GREAT! I hope he has a lot more riding left to do. Nice Simplex too.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 07:10:06 PM »
Howdy from deep in the heart of Texas. I like the pic of your father on the bike. Take more photos and more often.