Author Topic: All quiet on the western front  (Read 4434 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
All quiet on the western front
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »
Wow....this site has been very quiet for a while.....I imagine most of you are too busy tinkering with your bike projects to spend any time on the computer....right???

I've been just about as bad.  I work on the building (22 x 30) I'm putting up every evening after work till dark, then it's a pit stop for a snack and then on to the shop building to tinker with the Simplex project.....last night it was sanding another coat of primer on the wheel rims.  The tank & fenders are still out at with the painter....when they get back I'm sure I'll want to put the project in overdrive so I can see it all together......all the while my '55 Studebaker President is setting, waiting on me to get back to getting it road ready.....the original plan was to have it ready for the convention in South Bend this summer......I have new front springs & suspension parts that need to be installed.......

I just took in an 800 Case tractor (wide front end & end loader) as a down payment for a piece of property we're selling & that's trying to steal time away from me as well....it runs good, but has an exhaust leak that needs looked into......where does all the time go?????
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: All quiet on the western front
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:01:52 AM »
Yeah, I hear you Mike.  As the weather turns nice, I have been busy with the outside work.  I'm putting together a new solar system for my pool, as the old one gave up the ghost after 12 years.  I have not done much work on my truck recently, but have to get back on it if I have any hope of bringing it to Portland.

Rick
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »
I know where y'all are coming from. I only took my bike out just to go to Smithville rally, but I did retro fit my trailer to handle wide loads an almost done with fitting my New bucket on my tractor. I am going to try to get it running this next week while Im on vacation, but I would like to ask a favor of anyone going to the Portend event. If somebody runs across a 56' Texas plate under a kings ransom to please call me. I am looking for one if there's any up there, I'd would be thankful if somebody could keep a eye open. Reese. 8)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 05:53:44 PM »
Was gone to Tenn. for work but am home now. Company rented me a Camaro SS but doesn't know it yet. Cruised around looking for old iron. Found cars but no bikes!

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:39:24 PM »
Got 12 sheets of OSB put up on the building today and still had time to grill some burgers & get some paint on one of the Simplex rims.
Mike sal

mywaymfg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:54:09 PM »
Now that summer is here I too am busy with outdoor activitys me and the family recently joined the Knox county sportsmens club they have 140 acres of 4-wheeler trails along with a lake for fishing that is stocked yearly. We also purchased a 35'travel trailer to set on a permanent site on the club grounds with electric and water only $300 per year, instant vacation home. Got all 4 four wheeler working good and ready for summer.  Wayne has my flywheel along with the rest of my motor . He said he would test run it before sending it back . Enjoy your summer friends , ill post some progress soon.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:32:17 PM by mywaymfg »
Jeremy c.

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:25 PM »
Guess it is time for me to confess too. This time of year in Michigan is the busy time , Wife's yard sale , opening the pool , Weddings , Graduations you name it !!! No time for Simplex did get my seat back , looks prety good. Need to get an apprasil so I can get a title search. Then on to the next step.Doing some more work on it. Still got to love this time of year. Bill Marcum 8)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:40:00 PM by bill marcum »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 05:15:07 AM »
Bill, looks good!  Only 7 weeks left before Portland!

Seems like the only thing that hasn't slowed down here is the amount of Bogus membership requests we get every day.

Rick
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:16:50 AM by admin »
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 10:33:07 AM »
lunch break from the sun & the lumber.....finished the walls, now it's on to getting the rafters put up, which is a pain by myself.....maybe I can get one of the neighbors to help....Sonya isn't too much into heights.....

Good looking seat Bill. Mine has that molded rubber/plastic cover.  Is that primer, or finish paint on the tank & forks? 

That's a nice looking pool Rick.  I'd like to have one, but with just the 2 of us, it's hard to justify the time for upkeep.  Maybe we'll get one of those round blue pools :)
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 11:35:33 AM »
Pools are almost no work if you have an automatic vacuum.  The opening and closing takes a couple hours each, after that, only about 10 minutes a week to check chemicals and empty the skimmers and vacuum.

The pool house has a stocked refrigerator, for all those beverage needs, adult or otherwise!

My wife and I use the pool daily, weather permitting.  It was the best investment I made in my house.  The kids don't use it as much anymore, but when they were younger, all their friends would come over, or they would go to one of their pools.

Rick
Rick

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 05:43:25 PM »
I got all of the small parts sand blasted and primered. I need to tackel the frame next. Sandblasting is slow with the small air compressor that I have. I think I will just sand the fenders. Has anybody use the new paint that is premixed that you can buy at the auto parts stores? I have never used a spray gun , but I am going to going to give it a try. Mike hope you get some one to help with those rafters, and be carefull. Bill Marcum 8)

mywaymfg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 06:25:51 PM »
The first pool we had was hard to keep clean. It was damaged in a wind storm when we got it replaced a floor drain was installed, night and day difference stays much cleaner.
Jeremy c.

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 01:14:19 PM »
Guilty!!! When it finally decides to stop raining here, you push your chair away from the computer. It decided to stop raining. Still alive and well.