Author Topic: Wanted - Engine and Transmission  (Read 1647 times)

ppmurf

• View Profile
    • Email
Wanted - Engine and Transmission
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:40:14 PM »
Hey Gents,

I've come across a rolling frame out in Australia.

Missing engine. I thought it might be a good restoration project.

Anyone got an engine and transmission for sale? in good working order?

I've only seen 1 simplex in a museum here in Australia - would love to be an owner.

Cheers ppmurf

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted - Engine and Transmission
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 07:23:07 AM »
Welcome to the group.  Post a picture if you can.  Is it an early bike (pre '49) or a late model?  Does it have a frame number?

It's cool that we're starting to see some international survivors.  Do we have any bikes in other countries besides Spain & Australia?
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 07:39:34 AM »
"Do we have any bikes in other countries besides Spain & Australia?"

We might , Mike . Whether or not the internet is accessible there is another story . ;)

Pete . :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

ppmurf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:12:47 PM »
Mike - PM Sent.

Anyone got an engine of can assist?

Welcome to the group.  Post a picture if you can.  Is it an early bike (pre '49) or a late model?  Does it have a frame number?

It's cool that we're starting to see some international survivors.  Do we have any bikes in other countries besides Spain & Australia?
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 05:25:52 AM »
Mike - PM Sent.

Anyone got an engine of can assist?

Mike Sal

Engines are very hard to find.  I don't recall a complete running engine coming up for sale in the last couple of years.  The only one who might have one would be Wayne.
Rick

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:30:06 AM »
Speaking of Servicycles "overseas", I sometimes swap/buy/sell motorcycle parts with a auto and motorcycle enthusiast and restorer in Malaysia.  He has access to ALOT of weird and rare motorcycles and parts because of his location and profession.  Hong Kong and Singapore are/were a major distribution point for Europe and Australia and "the East".  I sent him a request to check his contacts and see if any of "our bikes" made it there and, if anyone can, find possible bikes/parts for them.  LONG SHOT, but who knows?  The amount and types of scooters and old small motorcycles they still "run" there is amazing. There they base tax and licensing rates by the engine size.  A V8 in a "musclecar" can cost well over $5000/yr just to license and gasoline is EXPENSIVE. 

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
Well Ppmurf, let me get my engines back together and I should have a extra block, cylinder, points backing plate, and a few manual trans parts available. I have a extra crank but it may need work, Wayne is working on this type of problem but has not mastered it yet. I will keep you in mind.

ppmurf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2014, 02:25:31 PM »
Thanks oil-lamp - PM sent!