Author Topic: A rider ...  (Read 168611 times)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A rider ...
« Reply #255 on: February 16, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »
It must of came from Kryton or maybe a part of Superman spacecraft.

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 16, 2013, 08:05:54 AM »
Thanks Reese . :)

For support , I intend on using a double yoke type affair . It will be similar to an ox yoke , only upside down .

The pipe that wouldn't bend is actually a copper alloy most likely . It looks like copper , but it does not oxidize like copper .
I put my full body weight into trying to bend that pipe . Both with and without heat . It only slightly bent immediately before it cracked unevenly across . Brittle comes to mind , but very tough .

I picked it up at a metal yard about 7 years ago , in Grand Rapids  , Michigan .
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:07:56 AM by pd »
Goes around , Comes around . :)

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2013, 09:37:27 AM »
Yesterday , I spent some time building a wiring harness , if we can call it that .

I ran an extra wire to front and rear to use as ground , so I wouldn't have to rely on the frame or leave any steel open to rust .
I used wiring that I salvaged from a jet ski . It happens that all the jet ski wiring is run through black plastic sleeving . There was enough room to pull the extra wire through the sleeve and so I was able to keep a cleaner look .
All connections are soldered , but for the eyelets which are soldered to their associated wires .

I still have to mount the lamps and connect them . I'd go out and work on that , but it's colder than an icicle out there and I smell fresh cinnamon rolls . Dang , my wife is drizzling orange glazing on them , right now ...   :P ;D

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2013, 05:43:39 PM »
Alas, no man can resist orange glazed cinimon rolls....I've heard that was the true downfall of Sampson (the only reason Delilah cut his hair was he got some icing stuck in it).
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 17, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
The mind was willing , but the body was weak . Yup , when it comes to fresh orange glazed cinnamon rolls , I'm like a puppy that knows it's getting a treat . ;)

I never heard that about Sampson . I can see why it might be true . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #260 on: February 18, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »
"....Samson was granted supernatural strength by God in order to combat his enemies and perform heroic feats such as wrestling a lion, slaying an entire army with only the jawbone of an ass, and destroying a pagan temple. Samson had two vulnerabilities, however: his attraction to untrustworthy women and his hair, without which he was powerless. These vulnerabilities ultimately proved fatal for him."

Personally, I think the hair thing was just a rumor.....it was really the cinamon rolls....and maybe beer......

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 19, 2013, 08:33:28 PM »
I'm  not really sure how long beer has been around , but maybe , but not cinnamon rolls and beer together . Yuck .

I did a bit more painting today . It's a good thing I don't paint for a living . I'd never be able to charge anyone for the questionable jobs I produce .
If I worked at it for a year or two , I might get it right . I guess it'll do , as long as it looks good from your house . ;)

I still have to do the fenders .
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 03:58:40 PM by pd »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #262 on: February 20, 2013, 06:24:38 AM »
Looking good Pete!  We will all give it the close inspection at Portland! LOL
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 20, 2013, 07:59:13 AM »
Thanks , Rick .

They are not as pretty as they appear . :( But , I tend to be to much a perfectionist .
Like I said , they look great from 50 yards away . ;)

We may stay in the South this Summer . We haven't decided , yet .

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #264 on: February 20, 2013, 08:24:51 AM »
Try a shot of clear coat on then but they do look nice. Also if someone points anything out tell them they don't have to look.   :P

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
Thanks , Reese . :)

It's more that fact that "I" know what's not exactly right . ;)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2013, 09:27:52 AM »
Well answer me this. Are you a master painter if its no then be proud you did. Shoot I had mine done at a shop and there's still goofs in it. My Brother painted his in It thirty thousand dollar paint booth with a master painter at his side and He's thinks he could of done better. Those little oops are its personality and I hope I do that good on my #2 bike.  ;D

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2013, 09:58:16 AM »
Guess you're right , Reese .

And , by that count , my bike has an awful lot of personality . :D

I'm sure you can do at least as good and likely much better than I did . It is your stripper , after all . ;)

By the way , that little tool is the cat's meow . Quality all the way .

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2013, 10:09:53 AM »
Yeah, isn't it funny how we are our own worst critics?  You make one little tiny mistake, you can't help but look at it every time you walk up to your bike or whatever else.
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: February 20, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »
Pd, I have had that little tool for a few years but she was a virgin when I sent her to you. So your her first....  :o