Author Topic: Wollard Estate Auction - Simplex Servi-Cycles, Parts, Memoribilia  (Read 21670 times)

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wollard Estate Auction - Simplex Servi-Cycles, Parts, Memoribilia
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:08 AM »
Rick,  With the paper trail being so recent, I would think that your flywheels could be located and shipped to you.  What am I missing here?  Mike

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2013, 09:17:24 AM »
Mike, they sold them to someone on site.  They said it was a case of a glitch between auctioneer and the person running the internet site.  I believe Wayne got them and I will get one from him.
Rick

Red

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »
My belts were the short ones 5l280

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2013, 06:59:12 PM »
My belts were the short ones 5l280

Too bad, I was hoping we could swap some.
Rick

Red

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 07:22:43 PM »
me too,I definitely didnt need 15! I got an H motor with no rod or piston and a couple broke fins on cylinder,if anyone has a good iron cylinder with no broke fins for sale let me know

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
Check out all the stuff for sale on Ebay from the Wollard auction.  These guys don't even know what they are selling!  I messaged them about a few things 2 days ago, but I have given up. I just hope the buyers know what they are getting.  These people that bought this stuff to resell are pretty deceitful IMO. They advertise like they know the history, with phrases like "I was told".  Told by who?  The guy who owned it passed away 2 years ago!  Off my soapbox.  LOL
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2013, 09:18:40 AM »
Caveat emptor ... ;)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2013, 10:48:05 AM »
I collect Aladdin Lamps (the kerosene kind, not the Genie kind) & twice now I've been to consignment auctions & watched lamps sell which later that night showed up on ebay.  Both times they were advertized as having come out of "estate" sales & in "great" condition......when obviously the sellers had no idea where the lamps came from or what kind of condition they were really in.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »
The other phrase they use is ( Barn Find ) but I guess its better than workshop or storage. I think y'all be talking about the one that listed a front break as a rear break assy.  :-X

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2013, 12:48:44 PM »
There have been a bunch.  I helped one guy out, and he did not even respond with a simple thank you.
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2013, 07:15:22 AM »
Maybe we  should send a message to the members to be on the lookout for misleading ebay items. You think cause I see a lot on newbies listed and maybe paying more items than they should be. I know its better buyer beware but there should be something for ones that are trying to get something together on a budget.  ::)

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
I've been watching the parts on ebay that say they are for a 53 automatic.... should I stay away from these things? I'm needing alot of these things, but can't afford to buy everything at once, I would really like to get the kicker and pinion gear if it would be the right one for my 55. I also need the coils, points ect. assembly. Shoul I steer clear???

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2013, 07:47:08 PM »
That pinion gear is nothing but a paperweight! The teeth are almost gone on one side, and the mounting holes have been drill out for some unknown reason.  Wayne sells brand new reproductions of those for $52.
The kick starter might not be bad for the right price. It will probably need to be bushed, and it might need a new sector gear.
What type of flywheel do you have?  The one on Ebay is for a Wico.  I'm not sure of the going rate for those.

Rick
Rick

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2013, 08:31:54 AM »
Thanks for the info. My flywheel looks like the one that is listed. The back of the plate has wico stamped on it like the one that is listed. I only have so much money to spend at this time, and I want to make sure I spend it wisely. I also need a rear brake assembly and axle, decisions, decisions.

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2013, 08:42:23 AM »
Aother thing.... my front wheel is 2" wide but my rear wheel is only 1" wide. I read in another post that later model wheels are 2". Do I have the wrong rear wheel?? If so, will the brake assembly listed on ebay work on my wheel? There are 2 listed on ebay right now, I've been interested in the one that is listed by "machivmotors" will this fit??