Author Topic: Would like to buy a WW2 dated Simplex  (Read 1028 times)

NickP976

• View Profile
    • Email
Would like to buy a WW2 dated Simplex
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:36:18 AM »
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and would appreciate some help as I am looking to buy a Simplex built up to 1945 but I have become a little confused in itentifying the actual years that machines are built. Thanks to the forum though I stopped myself buying a machine described as 1943 when the handle bars were on a flat plate rather than a goose neck and the seat spring extended all the way to the forks head stock all of which I think indicated it was probably post 1949.
I live in the UK and my interest is militay vehicles and I have, as well as my Jeep, two Cushman models 53. two Exclesior Welbikes and a Royal Enfield "Flying Flea" so would like a Simplex to complete the set. I realise that a genuine military model will be impossible to find so one in the correct date period is the next best thing.
So if anyone has anything for sale or at least give me some guidance on what to look for on e.bay (as many seem to be erroneously described) I would be most grateful.

welbike

• View Profile
    • Welbikes Pages
    • Email
Re: Would like to buy a WW2 dated Simplex
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:56:36 AM »
Hi Nick,

Thought I'd see you here sometime! I have an incomplete one, but not selling (yet)

Cheers,

Lex Schmidt