Author Topic: Roll Call: VMBC Portland, IN  (Read 6705 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Roll Call: VMBC Portland, IN
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 08:18:01 PM »
We made it home last night safe & sound.  Without using my noodle first, I bought a giant fan (4 x 4 x 2) before remembering that I had to make room for both it and the servi-cycle.  Rick & I got them both cinched down in the back of my truck & we made it homewithout a scratch on the bike!

Ernie gave me copies of some articles about Simplex that had been published in the VMBC magazine back in '89.  I'll get them posted as soon as I can (I've not had to even read them myself yet). 

I had a great time during my short time at the convention.  I got some parts from Wayne M., & found a gas tank for our honda express, and a skate board for the grandson.  Lots of other tempting things to buy there, but had to use much restraint!
Mike Sal

bill marcum

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:47 PM »
Hope all of you at the Portland Meet are having a good time. as for me , my son came into town on his new Harley Ultra and spent the weekend with me. I also got a promotion at work so I need to do my 30 days before taking any time off. May be next year. Have a good time. Post some pictures. Bill Marcum 8)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2012, 08:03:07 PM »
Tom, Tom's son Travis, and I rode in the parade around the fairgrounds tonight.  What a blast!  Probably around 100 bikes of all types running around the grounds.  We rode non stop for 30 minutes, by far the longest ride I have ever done on my simplex.  I than met up with Wayne Mahaffey, and we blasted around for another 10 minutes, exceeding the fairgrounds 10 mph speed limit by a large margin!

More to follow tomorrow.
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 02:49:11 PM »
Having a blast in Portland!!  AND bringing home some goodies. I'll being posting up some pics. I took about a jillion shots of lots of different Simplexes. And some close up shots for reference later. Had a great time meeting the guys. Plus I'm bringing home a rolling frame!

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
Well we still don't see any photos yet of the event. I guess y'all have not even seen the Simplex that's listed on ebay #120948941517 and it looks complete. So post some pics Guys.  ::)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »
Well we still don't see any photos yet of the event. I guess y'all have not even seen the Simplex that's listed on ebay #120948941517 and it looks complete. So post some pics Guys.  ::)

Just got home from Portland and will get pictures up this weekend.  I didn't take that many, but KartJockey did.

I saw that bike listed, but I think it is way overpriced.  I saw better bikes for less money in Portland.  As a matter of fact, Wayne Mahaffey had 2 projects bikes for sale for less money than that one.  If I wanted another project, I probably would have made a deal with him, but I still have the 54 automatic sitting in the garage waiting for me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 04:48:31 PM by RickS »
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »
I was just looking for something to look at tonight. I'm three hours in for work tonight and twelve to go before I get off. I also know why there were some great deals there. Its because I was not there and don't have any cash to get anything now. I'm happy there were no major problems and everybody is making it home safe. ;D

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »
Bill Marcum,  We should plan to do the Mid-Ohio scooter show in Plain City Next May. I will pick you up on the way through from Midland. Be fun! I'll look you up when the time comes.