Author Topic: Allstate Cruisaire - non Simplex  (Read 1303 times)

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
Allstate Cruisaire - non Simplex
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:28:14 PM »
Hi folks,
I am in need of a cylinder for a 1956 Allstate Cruisaire (Sears Vespa) that I am planning to re-build.  It is a 125cc model and the cylinder bore is 54 mm. If any of you have one available, or know of someone who does, I am in the market for it.  I am looking forward to seeing several of you at Portland next week!
Over and out,
Mike

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Allstate Cruisaire - non Simplex
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »
Mike, Did you get a chance to search for your cylinder while you were in Portland? Still looking for one?

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »
I did search while at Portland.  I did find one vendor who thought that a buddy there had what I needed.  He took my cell number, but he did not call me back, so I figure that his buddy did not have the correct cylinder for a 56 model.  He did have a cylinder for an older model, but the position of the intake port is different.  I plan to run an ad in the VMBC magazine in the need future.  I sure enjoyed getting to meet you and Ric! Mike

LARRYBROWN

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 06:45:08 PM »
 Hi  Mike !  is your old cylinder missing or too far oversize to bore out again ?   some machine shops can sleeve practically (sp?) anything .     Maybe wayne could sleeve it for you , He seems to be up for interesting challenges , Photo maybe could be the thing to get our brains "jump started"      take care   Larry.

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:40:40 PM »
Larry, The old cylinder has a gouge in it that I believe is too deep for an overbore.  I plan to have my local machine expert (who worked in the Simplex factory at one time) mic the cylinder to be sure of what I need.  I may talk with Wayne depending on what I find out.  It is a nice scooter that I plan to restore.  I appreciate your suggestion!  Thanks, Mike