Author Topic: How often do you ride your Simplex?  (Read 1488 times)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
How often do you ride your Simplex?
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
  During the nice weather I try to take it out for a short spin at least once a week.  During the summer months, I do not like to leave my neighborhood, as I have to go on a semi-major road to get anywhere.  But as fall descends upon us, and the summer people have gone back to the city, I venture out further.  The last couple of days I have ridden to the post office, bagel shop and such.  It's great to get out on it for a few miles of cruising.

Well, how about you?  Lets hear if you ride yours, or just polish it!  I'm not a believer in trailer queens, whether cars or bikes!
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How often do you ride your Simplex?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 10:35:41 AM »
I still don't have mine running.  However, I did at least set on it last night as I was pondering how to move the pile of stuff out of the way to get the model T out of the way so I can get the 960 Ford tractor out of the shop.  I bought it from a family 10 years ago & brought it into the shop & rebuilt it.  In the mean time, I bought another one just like it & was using it, so it never got taken out again.  Now, the grandson of the guy who bought it new back in '55 wants to get it back into the family.  He's offering to trade in a nice '71 Chrysler New Yorker on it.  Sonya likes the big boats, but I'm thinking it would be better to sell or trade it away rather than try to find room to house it.
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 10:51:54 AM »
I agree, Get cash for the tractor, as cash doesn't take any room to store!  It also doesn't rust, need service, ect! Plus, it is easy to trade for other things in the future, unlike big, old chrysler land yachts.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:58:15 AM by RickS »
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:28:17 PM »
I have been riding mine every weekend throughout the summer.  Once I rode to the auto parts store that car cruisers hang out at on Saturday nights.  Makes for great conversations.  Especially if anybody there used to have one when they were a kid. Other times when I ride it may only be to the corner store or down the block to a neighbors' house. It's still a 'one kick' and it's running.  Makes me feel good that it starts so well when people are watching!

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
 I took mine out for a Thanksgiving Day ride!  We are having a spectacular day here on Long Island, mid 50's and full sun!  How about anyone else?
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:59:16 PM »
I have my wheels soaking in an acid bath . I dusted the frame off . Just to help remind it that I'm not done with it . ;)

I took the golf cart out for a spin tho . :D

Upper 60s - low 70s here at Payne Lake . Mostly sunny and very pleasant . 
Goes around , Comes around . :)