Author Topic: VMBC website  (Read 3223 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
VMBC website
« on: April 01, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »
I'll invite you all to join up on the vintage motor bike club website so we can help kick start the poor thing.  So far, Rick & I seem to be the bulk of their traffic.  If we can help promote them, they can help promote us!

Their website isn't nearly as nice as ours (thanks again Rick!), but if enough of us join in, it will motivate them to improve. 

www.vintagemotorbikeclub.com
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
Re: VMBC website
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:58:48 PM »
This is not a good sign :

VintageMotorBikeClub.com
may be available for purchase!

I couldn't navigate the site at all .
Goes around , Comes around . :)

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:02:11 AM »
I've been on it a few times and read all the news on there. I have even check out all the photos a time or two. I just hope that my renew form gets processed soon. I think they need a section like this site so they can pass information between themselves.  ;)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 05:04:14 AM »
I've been on it a few times and read all the news on there. I have even check out all the photos a time or two. I just hope that my renew form gets processed soon. I think they need a section like this site so they can pass information between themselves.  ;)

Reese, they do have a forum, just not a very good one.
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:13:28 AM »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 07:22:22 AM »
You old guys need a lot of hand holding when it comes to computers!!!   LOL

Here is the correct link:    http://www.vintagemotorbikeclub.org/
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:28 AM »
Korn't you see I'm kornpletely kornfused by kornputers.....
Mike Sal

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:46:40 AM »
That's better . Thanks , Rick . :)

Not much there , yet . Hopefully , things will pick up for them .
I signed up there .

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 12:58:47 PM »
Me too. Tried to look at some posts no pictures very few replies and the most activity was about a simplex. Wouldn't you know. Just like the question ask How do you get younger folks? Question is what's the average age of this group? Do we cover several decades or are should we be looking for answers like that?   ???

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 05:52:37 PM »
Reese, I would bet the average age on this site is in the upper 50's to early 60's.
Rick

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »
The VMBC has a long standing history of involving children and grandchildren.  If you talk with folks in their 40's and 50's, they will tell you that they began attending the show in their teens or early 20's.  A friend of mine who is a Honda dealer in north Mississippi says this the best vintage show in the country- period.  Last year was my first time to go, and unfortunately, my job is going to stop me from going this year.  I hope that all of you on this list consider going!!!!!!!!!  Mike

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »
Last year was my first time to go, and unfortunately, my job is going to stop me from going this year.  I hope that all of you on this list consider going!!!!!!!!!  Mike

Mike, sorry to hear you can't go this summer, I was looking forward to visiting with you again.  Is work really that important?  LOL 
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »
When I joined VMBC, I bought about 10 years worth of back issues.  Sonya got to noticing that there was a young girl that appeared in about every issue (mostly by winning the bicycle games for kids....but then later on riding scooters as she got older).  It got to be a "where's Waldo" game to try to find her in each issue.  She hasn't been in the last couple issues, so maybe she's outgrown the motorbike stuff & moved on to boys.

I agree that they have a solid "family" culture.  Not sure why they might be worried about bringing in new blood.  Maybe the older generation is fading quicker than the younger can fill their shoes.
Mike Sal

mike montgomery

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 06:20:55 PM »
Rick, I am leading a project to help people with disabilities become employed, and year one of this project ends on September 30.  There is honestly too much riding on the success of this project to take off in late July.  However, the following summer may be a different story all together! Mike

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 07:38:10 PM »
Mike Sal ,
There's fewer young to get interested because the size of families is much smaller these days than 50 years ago . Not to mention the structure of families has drastically changed .

Mike Montgomery ,
 I hope all goes well with your project .