Author Topic: Leads for a New Guy, Looking for a Servi-Cycle  (Read 2531 times)

T-Cycles

• View Profile
Leads for a New Guy, Looking for a Servi-Cycle
« on: July 16, 2013, 08:41:26 AM »
  Howdy, I've been buying, collecting, selling, and restoring old balloon tire bikes for a few years now along with an old car and a motorcycle that I'm doing a cafe racer conversion on. My real passion is bikes though and I'm interested in diving into something with an engine. Whizzers are nice but they're too bicycle-like, I really want something that bridges the gap between a bicycle and big, heavy motorcycle. These Servi-Cycles are AWESOME and I'm looking for the right one.

I've trolled all the internet ads and I'm hoping you guys have some leads or recommendations about which bike (specifically) I should pursue.

Thanks!
  B.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Leads for a New Guy, Looking for a Servi-Cycle
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:48:16 AM »
Welcome.  The automatics are the easiest to ride, just twist the throttle!

Where are you located, maybe someone knows of one in your neck of the woods.

Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »
Welcome B. :)
Goes around , Comes around . :)

T-Cycles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 09:35:30 AM »
I'm located in Illinois, about 20mi northeast of St. Louis, MO. I've driven as far as northern Ohio, Chicago, central Iowa, Kansas City, and Kentucky for bicycles, so, I'm no stranger to windshield-time to acquire things.

Here's a restomod of a '50 Schwinn I did last week.

Before, as found:

After some elbow grease love:

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 09:59:14 AM »
Only 5 hours from Portland, Indiana!  The biggest small bike meet in the world is there next week.  A few guys, including me, will be there.
Rick

T-Cycles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 10:05:57 AM »
Oh darnit! What's the date?!?!?

***UGGG! Just looked it up, 20th-24th huh? Crazy busy at our bike shop this week, guys out of town/out of the country, I have to work straight through Monday of next week. If I make the road trip on Tuesday will there still be great things to see? OR BUY?!?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:10:14 AM by T-Cycles »

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
B, I'm 2 hours straight east of St. Louis.  If your in the market for a bike & want us to do some shopping for you at Portland, let me know your phone number & I can call you if there are any deals.  Last year Wayne had a few decent bikes there for sale.  There was a bike for sale near Carbondale a few weeks ago.
Mike Sal

T-Cycles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 08:48:42 PM »
Bump. Stilllllllllll lookin'.

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 08:50:30 AM »
Hey T, there is a couple on ebay now one that was at Portland this year. The guy that's selling it also has a indianscooter for sale also. But here is a new listing # 190885257721 un-restored. Hope this helps.  ::)

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 09:21:24 AM »
Hey T, there is a couple on ebay now one that was at Portland this year. The guy that's selling it also has a indianscooter for sale also. But here is a new listing # 190885257721 un-restored. Hope this helps.  ::)

Reese, that is a scooter;  I believe he is looking for a Servi-Cycle.

Here's one:   

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Servicycle-automatic-1954-simplex-servi-cycle-automatic-restored-indian-street-bike-/130965663840?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1e7e297060&vxp=mtr#v4-35

Here is the link to the scooter that Reese posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-SIMPLEX-step-through-scooter-1950-s-simplex-automatic-scooter-made-in-usa-very-/190885257721?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item2c71a5e1f9&vxp=mtr#ht_500wt_1182
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 10:21:02 AM »
where was that guy from who posted a couple weeks ago about selling his bike.....minnesota maybe?  he was asking a very cheap price of 1500 until he came to his senses.....not sure what he's asking now.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:22 AM »
Yea that's the one that I saw in Portland this year. He is also selling a indianscooter for about the same money. There is also the yellow 45' # 380688445338 and then there is always the one in Australia if you are going that way.  ???

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 10:54:05 AM »
There has been several in the last few weeks. 53' out of Canada, a 52' from Michigan, and a 52' from my neck of the woods Bryan Texas. All of these closed with no hits on ebay. Thinking if I had some spare cash I'd contact the local one to see if its still there. ;D