Author Topic: selling 1948 with clone motor  (Read 1858 times)

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
selling 1948 with clone motor
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »
Just listing my completed project.  Want $1500. Has harbor freight 212cc Honda clone engine.  Stainless steel spokes, good paint.  Located in Minnesota

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: selling 1948 with clone motor
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 05:51:17 PM »
Very good looking build, and a very decent price....it shouldn't take long to have a buyer.

Have you had it out on the road to check what comfortable speed it'll do?
Mike sal

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
Cruises nice about 35mph, but runs up to about 45mph no problem.  If I put a 4 inch pulley would "cruise" faster.  New stronger valve springs would let the engine run over 5000rpm without valve float but haven't reved it that high so would probably go 50mph if "maxed out"

Sonrisers

• View Profile
    • www.elegantoakandmore.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 09:26:01 PM »
Nice looking bike...deffinately a good price, I'll have more than that in my restoration, wish I could afford it, should have no problem selling it.

carryall

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: selling 1948 with clone motor *UPDATE*
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 03:40:40 PM »
Hey guys, I have changed my mind on selling it..FOR NOW.  My buddy talked me into going to a big car show over the Labor Day weekend and bringing it along.  It should get good exposure there (next to his car) and bring a better sale price. With the combination of beer and resto-mod car builders with deep pockets walking around (LOL)  I think I should get $2000 for it there.  Thanks for the compliments tho and your opinions on the pricing.  After adding up expenses I really don't have much cash into it. (under $600 after selling some of the "extra parts" I didn't need. (oil bath air filter housing, clutch parts, tail light, etc...)  Looks like I'll have time before then to work on converting the head light. tail/brake light over to 9 volt L.E.D's. like I had planned at one time. (have all the parts already)