Author Topic: T-shirt Project  (Read 16730 times)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-shirt Project
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
Cool.  I've got a 1952 singer that i use to sew auto upholstery (I packed home a Singer industrial macine (w/ the big matching table from an auction, but it's buried in the shop & I haven't used it yet).

I really like the idea of T-shirts.  My vote would be for the winged logo on a colored shirt (you don't know how many ruined white studebaker t-shirts I have from crawling in or under cars while at shows).  Many years ago I had a home silk screening set up....sure wish I still had it.  I could handle 3 colors.

I can ask our local graphics business to give us a quote (we can compare numbers if your shop also does shirts).  I'll order a winged decal from Wayne tomorrow so they've got something to scan.  The 64 dollar question becomes what quantity to quoted & how many of the different sizes?
Mike Sal

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:04:53 AM »
I was going to do the t-shirt thing last year, but never got around to it.  When I get home from work later, I can scan the winged decal for you, if you want.

Rick
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:29:24 PM by admin »
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 07:09:33 AM »
That would be good Rick. I might have put my last one on that Lamp! A long time ago I bought a shirt from Gary that was awesome. I out grew it but think it might still be hanging in the spare closet. Got to dig it out.  I'm bad not to get rid of anything!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:29:45 PM by admin »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sleeping Simplex
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:12:21 AM »
If you find it, take a picture of it!  Better yet, have one of your pretty neighbors model it for us!  LOL
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 09:55:26 AM »
Hmmm......I can see it now......"The Girls of Simplex".......
Mike Sal
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:29:59 PM by admin »

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 12:12:52 PM »
Here is the logo.

When I was thinking about designs I was thinking maybe putting a bike on there also.

I left the picture big so you can get the best quality.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:30:10 PM by admin »
Rick

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 02:39:13 PM »
I like the idea of a bike on the shirt also.  Do you guys have any images of the later models, or do you like the early one?

What do ya think, small emblem on the front (above a pocket?) & larger bike on back.....or small bike on front & larger emblem on the back (that way the faster guys can see those eagle wings on our backs, just prior to running over us....)?
Mike Sal
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:30:21 PM by admin »

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 03:48:48 PM »
Still looking for the shirt I got from Gary. It seems like it was a composite of images, silk screened in about three colors. Been awhile since I've seen it. Thanks for the scan of the decal. I'll begin checking out about having t shirts made this week.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:30:35 PM by admin »

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
T-Shirt Project
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 03:57:49 PM »
Rick, can you start a new topic, labeled "T-shirt Project" & then pull the relevant posts from this thread?  This might make it easier for other members to throw in their 2 cents worth on opinions on a design.

I guess I should ask if you'd like this to be be a club probject, or a personal project (either way makes no difference to me)?  If you, or anyone else, was thinking of making shirts to sell for profit, I don't want to step on any toes.  

If it's going to be a "club" project, we could use any income to help fund the website, or purchase vintage printed materials (from ebay?) that can be scanned in for club use.
Mike Sal
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:28:34 PM by admin »

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: T-shirt Project
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 04:32:44 PM »
Well, not the smoothest transition, but here it is. 

I had not intention of trying to make a profit, so feel free to put an Ad in the suppliers section if you get shirts made.  Also, put me down for 2 large.

Rick
Rick

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »
Hey, Love the idea about gathering opinions of what images to use. Don't worry about stepping on any toes here. Mostly was just gonna do it to amuse myself. Either way I think it would be great to let other riders recognize us Simplex folks!

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 04:42:33 PM »
Thanks Rick, I'll swing by the shirt shop this.  I printed off a copy of the logo and I cropped out a picture of the early bike (from the advertisement you posted).  We'll see what happens.
Mike Sal

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 10:55:58 AM »
The shirt shop shot an estimate of 10 bucks (both images on front side) or 12 bucks w/ one image on front, the other on the back.  This was based on a quantity of 50 (I just picked a number out of the air). 

He's going to put together some electronic samples & email them to me so we can pick & choose what we like.

I figure large & extra large are the 2 sizes to concentrate on.  How many XXL's & smalls do you think we could use?
Mike Sal

Kustomkarma

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:45 AM »
I'm a medium and I vote for a small logo on the front and a big one on the back. It would be nice to get a high quality T-shirt to print on as the cheaper ones tend to fall apart pretty quickly for me.

RodneyS

• It just fits
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2012, 04:55:31 PM »
Put me down foe two large and one medium. just let me know how much and to who.  And thanks for doing this.