Author Topic: Fender skirts  (Read 880 times)

CLWebster

• View Profile
    • Email
Fender skirts
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:19:02 PM »
I bought a set of fender skirts from from Gary Wollard about six years ago. I never installed them - and, of course, now that I'd like to, I cannot find them! How do you lose four or five large pieces of sheet metal wired together in a bundle? Don't ask.

But to get to the question - were fender skirts ever offered as an accessory by the factory? Or were they all custom-made? I've never seen them referenced in any factory literature, but on the other hand they seemed to have appeared on a fair number of machines.

CLWebster

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fender skirts
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:06:58 PM »
Somewhere, I've seen a official drawing or photo of a simplex w/ skirts on it, but I can'tremember where I saw it.  I'd like to see what those skirts look like when you find them.  I mocked some up out of cardboard a few weeks ago & have been thinking of making some.  I was curious on how the left rear panel is shaped to get around the belt & pulley & not look too goofy.
Mike Sal

CLWebster

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fender skirts
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 09:13:03 PM »
As to the panel covering the belt and pulley, I have thought about that as well. Years ago Gary (at least I think it was Gary) sold an unrestored bike on ebay with "half moon" skirts on the back and at least partials on the front fenders. Man, it looked great.  If I find the set he sold me I will provide pictures. Again, the set he sold me were reproductions, but he must have had something to go by.

CLWebster