Author Topic: New from Oregon  (Read 3239 times)

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
Re: New from Oregon
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2013, 09:45:23 AM »
Will do. Iron Ranch is mainly a bicycle/Whizzer swap meet that's held the 3rd Saturday each September. It's not unusual to see a Simplex or two. There's acres of old machinery, trucks, logging equipment, etc., with many outbuildings filled with restored/waiting to be restored toys, pedal cars motorcycles/bikes bicycles machinery, and what have you. Thus the name Iron Ranch. A great time for buying, selling and just wandering around on a misty Pacific Northwest morning and looking at old rust. Here's a very small sample of a past meet.
http://bikeportland.org/2008/09/08/slideshow-iron-ranch-vintage-bike-swap-8619
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:48:17 AM by Dominic DiMarko »

rrhawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2013, 07:36:13 PM »
 Dominic
 That sounds like my kind of place. I'll plan on going this year. It looks like it'll be a good place to get rid of some of my bicycle stuff.
 There is a vintage motorcycle show and swap meet in Corvallis this week end. Sunday is the show and swap meet with a ride on saturday. We enjoy this meet every year as it has all types and sizes of bikes. There was a Simplex there last year for sale.
 If you show up I'll be riding a red and white 65 panhead that's all bright and shiny. If for some reason that one is giving me trouble (I just finished it and need to put some miles on it) I'll be on a blue and white 65 panhead with police lights and siren on the front fender. Hope to maybe see you there.
Rich

Dominic DiMarko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 08:08:19 PM »
Thanks for the invite. I just sent you an email.