General Category > Simplex Trucks

Simplex 3 wheel Truck Tribute

(1/18) > >>

Ricks:
Has anyone ever rode a Servi-cycle 3 wheeler?  If so, how stable was it?  Do you think one could be ridden safely at around 40 MPH?  I'm really thinking of doing a 3 wheeler tribute, but with a briggs or such 4 stroke motor. I envision something I could ride down to the store, throw a couple of things in the box, and make it home without any theatrics.

servicycle:
I have two three-wheelers (or trucks as they are referred to).  The later models are easier to drive than the early models.  The early model I have doesn't have a split shaft for the final drive which means both wheels turn at the same rate.  When going around a corner it drives a bit like a tank.  The later models don't experience that as both wheels are able to rotate at different speeds.  Top speeds on the trucks are about 35 m.p.h. or so and it feels stable at that speed.  I am sure with a different engine it would still feel safe up to 45 m.p.h. or so.

Bill
www.servicycle.com

Ricks:
Bill, could you post a picture of the differential?  Do you happen to know who the maker of the  diff was or did simplex build their own?  I know that some of the early trucks used a salsbury torque converter, maybe they also built the diff? Thanks,  Rick

Ricks:
Well, I've started on it.  Here is the bike as I bought it, not including the engine, as it was already sold.

Ricks:
I have sandblasted the chassis and am getting ready to cut for the rear box section.  I don't have any exact specs to work from, just pictures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version