General Category > Frame, Tank, Seat, Controls, Etc

Virgin Gas Tanks!!!

(1/11) > >>

oil-lamp:
  That's right folks Virgin Steel Gas Tanks soon to be on the open market. Here's something I've been trying to do for the pass two years. I would say the late night meetings unmarked bags of money and the favors called in my have been a good thing. I hope as I am typing this the molds should be being filled with hot steel. Here's a photo of the molds. ;D

Sorry if they are large these were sent to me by the foundry owner.  ???

Ricks:
That is awesome Reese!  I think you will have a good market for these.  Any idea on a price?  Are you going to sell kits or have them built into full tanks for sale?  See you in Portland!

carryall:
Why couldn't they have been stamped/pressed?  Was it because they are too "deep" and the steel used would have torn?  Just curious?

admin:

--- Quote from: carryall on July 19, 2016, 09:20:04 AM ---Why couldn't they have been stamped/pressed?  Was it because they are too "deep" and the steel used would have torn?  Just curious?

--- End quote ---

Looks like a press mold to me.

oil-lamp:
Those are press molds forms. We have the set for 20 gauge steel and will need to be heated red hot before pressing. Here's them just after they were poured today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version