General Category > Simplexes with Non-Original Engines

Simplex Honda GC190 Engine

(1/2) > >>

Reggie LeGros:

Hey Guys
I have a Simplex with a Briggs slant engine mounted with a CVT clutch.  I would like to mount a Honda GC 190 engine to replace the Briggs.  I planning to mount one of
Wayne's kick starters on the GC 190. Wayne says it will fit.  I am asking anyone with knowledge on mounting the GC 190 to give me advise and guide me along the way..  I will appreciate any advise you can help me with this project.

Thanks
No Shift

Ricks:
Reggie, read my thread on the stretch that I built.  I used a GS190 motor, which is the same dimensionally as a GC160.  I modified one of Wayne's kick starters to work with it.

oil-lamp:
Hey did you check out my bike with the gc190 on it. I went all out and I even dropped the carb down about 6inches to make room for the transmission.

oil-lamp:
F you check out the 56 with a Honda cg190 and first roll out. I tried to give as much detail as possible on my use of the gc190 motor and the problems I encountered. Post as many photos as you can.

Reggie LeGros:
Hey Oil Lamp
I cannot get any pictures of your bike.  I would appreciate you sending me the photos of your rebuild to guide me along.  My email is as follows: grochein@aol.com.

Thanks
No Shift

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version