General Category > Other Simplexes, such as Sportsman Senior & Jr, scooter

Senior Sportsman serial number location

(1/4) > >>

Old School:
Hello:
I am brand new to the forum but I have been a Simplex guy for a long time.  My experience to this point has been with Simplex go karts.  I have 5 completed Simplex karts and I have another one in progress.  I have just recently acquired a Simplex Senior Sportsman which is in need of a complete restoration.  The first thing I need to do is to complete the bill of sale with the seller so that I can register the bike in Louisiana after it is restored.  Louisiana requires the VIN number on the bill of sale but I cannot find it on the bike.  I would appreciate someone letting me know where to look.
I will be updating my profile very soon and I will post pictures of my project and its progress.  Also, I live in a suburb of New Orleans where the Simplex factory was located and I have accumulated some interesting information on the factory and how well it was operated.  I will share that information with the forum if anyone is interested.
For the time being by immediate objective is completing the bill of sale with the seller, who is very cooperative, so thanks in advance for info on the serial number location.
And being a "Newbee", please don't hesitate to let me know if I am not posting correctly.

Ricks:
Welcome aboard!

I'm not sure where the number would be on a Senior Sportsman, but on the Servi-Cycles, it is located under the steering neck.  Did you look there?  Many times they are painted over and hard to read.

Please share whatever you have on the history of Simplex.

pd:
Welcome Old School . :)

Definitely interested . Please post pics of your bike and anything you can about Simplex history .
I wouldn't mind seeing your carts , too .

Pete . :)

Old School:
Thanks Rick.  That is exactly where the serial number was located.  A little paint remover revealed it.  The number is 1654.  The seller said it was a 1965 model.  Is there any way to determine the year of manufacture from the serial number? 

Ricks:
The short answer is no.  For the Servi-Cycles, we have a registry, and came get close, but we have no such info for the "minibike" style Simplex.  There are just not many out there and only a few people that visit here have ever had one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version