General Category > Other Simplexes, such as Sportsman Senior & Jr, scooter

New guy needs some help with a scooter

(1/4) > >>

bill clemons:
Hi all. I've had this heap of metal for a number of years and finally identified it as a Simplex but I'm having a hard time finding any info on it. I think I can save it but it won't be easy. It looks like it was run over by a car then left outside for 60 years. I'm hoping I can find out the model/year, what the driveline and rear wheel looked like and most importantly the parts it's missing.

bill clemons:
I just found the pics that KARTJOCKEY posted and it's exactly what I am looking for :-) . I doubt that I'll have much luck finding all the missing pieces for this scooter so it might have a non standard drivetrain installed. Unless someone here is looking for a project with a capital P .

pd:
Welcome bill clemons . :)

Looks like you might be needing the help of a 'hot'wrench . ;)

Wayne Mahaffey
PO Box 655
Trinity, Alabama 35673
256 353 5552

Wayne is our best bet for parts . Other than the occasional parts bike or maybe carefully buying on Ebay or the like .
Kartjockey has been working on a scooter and will likely be along soon .
Good luck with your scooter .

Pete . :)

bill clemons:
Thanks for the hookup. I spent a few hours today heatin' and beatin' on the little guy and saved quite a bit of it. Still needs more love. The first thing on my list to find is a rear wheel assembly with hub, axle and brake. If I bastardize the drivetrain I'll be looking for a 12" wheel that's chain drive and can be made to look like the front.

pd:
Nice work .
Looks like that scooter is coming along pretty good , considering . ;)

Pete . :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version