General Category > Restoration Projects

K model restoration

(1/4) > >>

Scooter4:
Good evening,
Attached are images of the K model I (and also you for helping) have been working on.  This is where I wound up with what I have and figure it is time to move it to the restoration section.
I planning to paint it this year if time permits. I typically fix bikes up nice enough to where I am reluctant to ride them anymore, but I plan to ride this.

I prefer it be more correct, but for now, this is what I have.  The tail light, seat pan, kicker, flywheel cover and rocker pedal are wrong.
I could easily make a correct rocker, but left this one that is Late L ratchet with the K and early L detent cup welded to it as part of the history of this bike because I believe a owner did it years ago to solve a problem.

The flywheel cover came with the pile and appears to went to a model that did not have a hole so no kicker.  Since someone already put a hole in it, I used it and made a pinion cover for it.

The seat pan is 40's Harley and a little big.  I may cut it down, but if I leave it original size and stitch a cover for it, at least I can still put it on a Harley if I get a Simplex seat.

Thank you,
Scooter

pd:
 Gotta love it .
And , the seat is close enough . I think you'll like it , once you start riding .
What paint color(s) are you thinking ?

Pete . :)

Scooter4:
Good evening,
I plan to paint all black. I love lots of chrome, but not on tanks or fenders.  I am going to take the wheels apart and paint the spokes and pulley clips cadmium color.  Not sure if Simplex did them with the same type of black paint on all parts, but I may do the rocker and other brackets in satin.  Flat for the exhaust and cadmium color for linkage.  Shiny silver for handle bars.  I like to break the finishes up.  If I find out all the original finishes for the K model, then I may stick to that.
Thank you,
Scooter

pd:
Sounds interesting .
Be sure to post pics .

Didn't the factory offer any color paint for and extra 5 bucks ?
Maybe that wasn't until later .

Pete . :)

Ricks:
Pete, I think you could order any color in the late 1930's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version