General Category > Simplexes with Non-Original Engines

What engine is best?

(1/3) > >>

razerface:
I bought an aftermarket roller at portland. I got busy and never questioned simplex hill to see what the easiest/best engine to use on it. Electric start and recoil, which engine for each?

This roller was built with the worksman wheels and briggs bolt pattern on the mount. Fiberglass fenders, tank, and seat pan. Bicycle stainless handlebars.

Ricks:
The easiest is the HF engine, which is a knock off of the Honda GX200 engine.  Wayne makes a kit to install this into a stock Simplex. I’m sure you could drill a few holes and install this on your Cubine brothers reproduction.

The best looking engine to install would be a Honda GC/GS 190 engine. With some work they look more like a stock Simplex motor.

Here are 2 pictures of Bill Millers GC motor in a Simplex.

razerface:
Sounds like i will probly do the hf engine.  I have a new one on the shelf. I like the looks of the gx190 in the pics, but my wife gets this and I don’t need to put extreme effort into it. Dependable and easy starting is the goal. I want electric start for her too.

razerface:
Does the electric start advertised for the honda engines fit the hf too?

Ricks:

--- Quote from: Razerface on June 27, 2022, 06:45:43 PM ---Does the electric start advertised for the honda engines fit the hf too?

--- End quote ---

I don't know, but you can buy clone motors with the electric start.  I put one on a Simplex truck that I built years ago, and Tom has one in his Simplex scooter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version