General Category > Introductions

What is it worth???

(1/3) > >>

locolyn:
Hi, new to the site from central Iowa.
I'm looking at a 1949 Service cycle. It looks like it's all there just not put together. The engine is supposed to be original and has just been completely rebuilt professionally. Frame not rusted out or bent just needs cleaned up and painted. Wheels look to be in good shape, tires junk. My big question is what is this thing worth in this conditon??? I'm new to servi cycle and don't want to over pay. Thanks in advance!

Ricks:
Post some pictures so we can see exactly what you have.  If the motor was professionally rebuilt, by whom?

pd:
Welcome locolyn . :)

How much are the sellers asking ?

Pete . :)

locolyn:
Hope pics show correctly. Seller asking $2200. Don’t know who rebuilt engine. Owner passed away and had a collection of Cushman and Whizzer’s that look in pretty good condition.

Ricks:
Nice looking bike! What are the numbers on the motor?  By any chance is there a number on the frame? If there is, it will be on a plate, under the neck.  Looks like the motor has a late model Phelon ignition, which didn’t start until 1956. Post a picture of the front of the magneto.  That is probably worth around $2000 as it sits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version