Author Topic: VMBC magazine  (Read 1552 times)

kartjockey

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
VMBC magazine
« on: December 31, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »
Ok.  I didn't want to be the one to bring it up but if you turn to page 18 of the 2013-14 winter volume (that you just received in the mail) you can
clearly see that's me in the top left picture! Of course there is some kid in front of me and you may need a magnifying glass to swear to it! And even the pic to the right has some Simplexes in it.   Yippee!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: VMBC magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
Apparently us guys on the coast take longer to get the magazine, but I will be sure to look for you. 
Rick

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 06:06:26 PM »
Dang , I guess I missed out on that one . :(
Goes around , Comes around . :)

Mike Sal

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 09:45:05 PM »
Got my magazine today, but didn't get a chance to open it before we left for the big party.  We're staying in Vincennes Indiana tonight after watching the Gallagher show & the giant watermelon drop (a giant watermellon that they hoist up in the air & then drop squishy watermelons from at the stroke of midnight.  Gallagher was a pretty friendly guy who mingled with the crowd a lot.
Mike Sal

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 09:06:49 AM »
Well ccongratulations on the picture I missed that one. That makes three photos with a simplex bike in it and with Wayne's ad thats four. So somewhere somebody did something right. Not to dash gloom on iy did y'all read pg7 Rick's trailer got stolen with three of his bikes still inside. Hope he gets them back soon.

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »
Well ccongratulations on the picture I missed that one. That makes three photos with a simplex bike in it and with Wayne's ad thats four. So somewhere somebody did something right. Not to dash gloom on iy did y'all read pg7 Rick's trailer got stolen with three of his bikes still inside. Hope he gets them back soon.

Not my trailer!!  That is a shame, I hope they catch the rat bastard!
Rick

Ricks

• Administrator
  • 1953 Automatic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:25:02 AM »
I just got my magazine today!  You guys in the midwest must get better service than us east coast guys.  lol 

Tom,  the picture is very flattering.  Have you thought about modeling?

Why is it that the Vintage MOTORBIKE Club sees fit to print pictures of bicycles and trucks in their magazine and not motorbikes?  If it wasn't for the meet, I would not be a member.
Rick

oil-lamp

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
Same here Rick, theres nothing in there that floats my boat either. I know there trying to get a replacement group of readers to keep it going, but hey don't cut off your head to spite your face. It should be motorcycles and nothing but motorcycles from cover to cover. Banquet photos are ok.   >:(

pd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 12:17:53 PM »
"If it wasn't for the meet, I would not be a member."

According to the volume of their website participation , I'd say near 100% of that 'clubs' membership feels exactly the same . I say "near" because there's always one that has to be different .;)
Goes around , Comes around . :)